Why the District of Stewart
Strategically located in the heart of the Golden Triangle, Stewart has a continuous one hundred year history of facilitating mining and forestry development.
- The economy of Stewart is supported by a varied range of industries including logging, mining and mining exploration and is destined to become a major port for distribution of ore and logs.
- Stewart deep sea, ice-free Port delivers easy and fast access to Asian Pacific markets and it is a viable alternative to Prince Rupert and Vancouver. Shorter turnaround times and private storage and loading facilities make Stewart the Port of Choice in Northern BC.
- Stewart offers a paved highway to major transportation routes and an excessive amount of hydro power available for industrial use.
- Supporting and promoting economic growth is a primary community focus.
- Affordable, well-serviced and easily accessible industrial and commercial lands have made the District of Stewart the choice location for progressive enterprises both now and into the future.
- The District prides itself on an open door policy. We encourage business owners, operators and potential investors to communicate with the District regarding their questions and concerns.