Mission, Vision & Values
Our Mission is to work with our citizens to create a healthy, vibrant and caring community through:
- Visionary leadership and accountable governance;
- Citizen involvement;
- Balancing the expectation for services with available resources;
- Decision-making that integrates the social, economic and environmental interests of the community;
- Quality in customer service.
District of Stewart will aspire to be a complete community; unique because of its traditional, small-town atmosphere and its strong sense of pride, and where:
- Citizens have a collective sense of belonging and contribute to the quality of life in the community;
- The community celebrates a vibrant culture and heritage;
- The environment is nurtured for present and future generations;
- A dynamic economy contributes to prosperity and the opportunity to work close to home;
- Planned development strengthens the character of the community, helping to create safe and affordable neighbourhoods.
- Demonstrating leadership and providing transparent and accountable government;
- Encouraging community involvement;
- Building trust and respect;
- Promoting innovation and creativity;
- Recognizing the achievement and contributions of District staff and citizens;
- Fostering open and proactive communication;
- Being fiscally responsible.