In accordance with the District's Animal Control Bylaw all dogs are required to have a license. View Click Bylaw 815 Animal Control Bylaw.pdf to download the bylaw.
Annual Licence Fees
- Non-neutered Male Dog - $25.00
- Neutered Male Dog - $10.00
- Unspayed Female Dog - $25.00
- Spayed Female Dog - $10.00
- Dangerous Dog - $50.00
- Replacement Licence Tag - $5.00
- Commercial Kennel Licence - $150.00
- Hobby Kennel Licence - $100.00
* New licences issued from July 1 to December 31 of any given year shall be eligible for a fee reduction of 50% of the above fees. This does not apply to renewals for dogs that were required to be licensed prior to July 1.
* Copy of neuter/spay certificate required for new applications.
To obtain a licence, visit the District office located at 705 Brightwell Street, and our friendly Staff would be pleased to assist you.