Open Question Period
The following is a list of the guidelines for the Open Question Period held at the conclusion of regular Council meetings:
- The Open Question Period will commence at the start of the Regular Meeting.
- A maximum time of 15 minutes for questions from public will be permitted; subject to curtailment at the discretion of the Chair if other business necessitates.
- Questions may be asked of any Council member, but directed through the Chair.
- Questions must be truly questions and not statements or opinions by the questioner.
- Not more than 4 separate questions per questioner will be allowed.
- Questions should be related to the Regular meeting Agenda’s topics.
- The Chair will recognize the questioner and will direct questions to the Councillor or staff member whom he/she feels is best able to reply.
- More than one Councillor or Staff member may reply if he/she feels he/she has something to contribute.